Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog #8: Effects of All-Girl Boarding Schools

Some parents feel that they should send their daughters away to all girl schools to protect them from the world around them, but how do these schools effect these girls for the future?  At the moment, an all girls boarding school will protect a girl while they are there; but, when they get out how are they supposed to deal with the "real" world?  Their view of the world is going to be very different from that of other people in the world.  They are going to be very sheltered and not know how to deal with the stereotypes of women that they will have to face.  Boarding schools may seem like a good idea to protect your daughter in the present, but if you want to protect them for the future show them the "real" world and how to deal with it.

3 comments:

  1. I think that girls should be in the "real" world as young as they can. They need to be independent and experience everything that is going to happen to them.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Fran as well. If my child was a troublemaker and into drugs or something then i would consider sending them to boarding school however, I think they should be in the real word and especially around their parents.

    - Katie Mulville

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with this, keeping children sheltered isn't helping them in the long run, it's only going to make things worse.

    ReplyDelete